BSides Edinburgh 2019 Attendee Code of Conduct
BSides Edinburgh is a conference by the information security community, for the information security community. Facilitating a pleasant atmosphere for all attendees is a core aim of the organisers and as an attendee you agree to be bound by our Code-of-Conduct.
Purpose of this Code of Conduct
- To ensure a constructive, inclusive and pleasant atmosphere for all volunteers and attendees of the conference.
- To ensure that all attendees know what behaviour they have a right to expect from other attendees, volunteers and organisers.
- To ensure that all attendees know what behaviour is expected of them whilst attending BSides Edinburgh.
Respect for Others
- treat the organisers and volunteers with respect and follow any instructions given. The BSides Edinburgh volunteers and organisers have given up a significant amount of time to facilitate this conference for the benefit of the attendees
- respect the presenters, do not talk among yourselves during their presentations, ensure your mobile phones are muted or switched up and once you’re inside a presentation, avoid leaving until the end so as to minimize disruption to the other attendees and the presenter. Heckling and constant harassment of presenters will not be tolerated. Attendees who show discourtesy to presenters by talking or otherwise disrupting matters will be asked to leave.
- asking questions is what makes this a community, but respect the presenter’s method of handling questions during their presentation and allow other attendees the opportunity to participate as well.
- treat all present at the conference fairly and equally.
- respect the venue and its staff
- allow others to express themselves and understand that all views are important even if they are not the same as your own
- Listen to and adhere to the organisers’ and volunteers’ instructions.
BSides organisers reserve the right to determine what constitutes reasonable behaviour and the right to restrict admission to the conference and/or ask an attendee to leave.
An attendee must:
- Act respectfully towards all others at all times
- Understand that all forms of discrimination, including bullying and harassment are unacceptable.
If you have any issues with the behaviour of anyone at the conference, please report it to one of the organisers who will deal with the matter promptly.